HMS receives reoccurring financial support for Senior ServicesDecember 17, 2021
HMS Employee Recognition AwardsJanuary 27, 2022
Come see what’s new at HMS New Beginnings Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program!
What is HMS New Beginnings Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)?
- New location on the east side of HMS Med Square at 114 W 11th St, Silver City, NM.
- New hours Monday – Friday, 10 am – 3 pm, starting January 11, 2022
- New staff and programming developed to offer choices in a variety of skills-building activities to enrich participant’s lives. All activities foster self-care and work towards building a healthy network of family, friends, and community involvement
- New kitchen for creating and sharing lunches together
- New computer stations for participant’s use
HMS’ New Beginnings Psychosocial Rehabilitation program provides a supportive group atmosphere for participants to learn and practice skills, and identify and achieve individualized goals related to:
Basic living skills
Developing personal plans for self-care and home management that fit participants’ individual lifestyles
Learn relaxation skills and positive coping strategies to address emotionally distressing thoughts, feelings and actions
Participate in fun activities and learn about community resources to enhance our network of friends, family and community while decreasing isolation
Build confidence to explore and develop involvement in meaningful activities
Who is eligible to attend New Beginnings program?
Adults 18 years or older who meet the criteria for a serious mental health condition, including co-occurring substance use disorders, developmental delays and/or other chronic health disorders [SMI criteria as defined by NM BHSD]. Schedule an Assessment with the Mental Health Department or ask your Mental Health Provider to see if you qualify, and ask for a Referral to PSR.