HMS Financial Services
Available Financial Services
- HMS is able to provide quality health care to all our communities regardless of insurance coverage due to our multiple resources such as the sliding fee discount program, insurance enrollment on site as well as many additional community resources.
- The Sliding Fee Discount Program (SFDP) offers significant discounts and assures access to health care for all with incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Hidalgo Medical Services (HMS) provides discounts to our established schedule of fees, based on family size and income. The program is designed to reduce barriers to accessing health services for such patients.
- Eligibility is determined once a patient has completed an eligibility form and submitted income verification with the HMS Family Support Department. Once deemed eligible for a discount, the patient will be charged following the SFDS as applicable.
- HMS provides assistance to our patients with access to SNAP food assistance, utility, assistance, and referrals for housing and transportation needs.
Click Here for Requirements
HMS is able to offer multiple payment options for our patients such as online bill pay, payments by mail, patient portal or in-clinic
- On-Line Bill Pay - Please click here for online bill pay. We appreciate you choosing the HMS family as your healthcare provider. Please complete the necessary information on the link to complete your payment. Payments will be posted to your account within 48 business hours.
- Payments by Mail – Patients can mail payments to our billing office at 530 DeMoss Street, Lordsburg, NM 88045. Payments will be posted to your account within 48 business hours from when the payment is received.
- Patient Portal – Patients can sign in to their patient portal account and click on the pay my bill. Please complete the necessary information on the link to complete your payment. Payments will be posted to your account within 48 business hours.
- In-Clinic Payments – Patients can visit any of our clinic locations to make a payment in person.
- What types of insurance does HMS accept?
- When is payment for services expected?
- Are discounted services available?
Our Family Support Services department can assist patients with insurance enrollment for Medicaid, Medicare and New Mexico Exchange. For more information please contact our CHW workers below.
HMS accepts Medicaid, Medicare and most commercial plans. Please contact us to find out if we accept your insurance plan or you can call your insurance company directly for this information.
Co-payment, co-insurance and deductibles are due on the date of your appointment. If you owe any additional fees a monthly statement will be mailed to you.
HMS offers sliding fee discounts for patients based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines, family size and income. Please reference the Discount Program tab above for more information.